3rd CIM/CINet Reviewing Seminar
Reviewing Scientific Articles
Reviewing scientific articles is one of the most important activities for all scholars. You support your peers in developing better publications and, through that, help your scientific community make progress. You help yourself become a better author, by reviewing others’ papers and receiving reviews of your own work.
Reviewing is something that must and can be learned. Creativity and Innovation Management (CIM) and the Continuous Innovation Network (CINet) have taken the initiative to develop a reviewing seminar to help young academics make the first step in their reviewing career.
The seminar is organized as a three-session workshop as follows:
Session 1 – Kick-off – good reviewing practices
- Introduction – CIM editor in chief (Jennie Björk)
- Good reviewing practices by three excellent reviewers:
- Patricia Wolf, University of Southern Denmark
- Michela Beretta, Aarhus University
- Luisa Pellegrini, University of Pisa
- Assignment: each participants gets to review one "old" submission from the faculty to CIM or another innovation management journal.
Session 2 – Reviewing scientific papers
- Review presentations – feedback from the seminar faculty – discussions
- Assignment: each participants gets to review one recent submission to CIM, as a third reviewer
Session 3 – Experiencing, and learning from, reviewing scientific papers
- Review of the reviews (Harry Boer) – additional feedback from the workshop faculty – discussions
- Wrap-up – summary of lessons learnt, further involvement with CIM
Date and place
The first session will take place on 24 November 2023, from 09:00-12:30 CET. The second and third session will be scheduled in the Spring and late Summer of 2024. The entire seminar will take place virtually.
CIM and CINet are very happy to have found a great faculty of excellent reviewers and journal editors, namely:
- Associate Professor Michela Beretta (Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark)
- Associate Professor Jennie Björk (KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden)
- Professor Harry Boer (Aalborg University, Denmark)
- Associate Professor Fausto Di Vincenzo, (University of Chieti-Pescara, Italy)
- Professor René Chester Goduscheit (Aarhus University, Denmark)
- Professor Luisa Pellegrini (University of Pisa, Italy)
- Professor Tim Schweisfurth (Technical University of Hamburg, Germany)
- Postdoc Melanie Wiener (Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria)
- Professor Patricia Wolf (University of Southern Denmark, Denmark)
The seminar is open to young scholars (PhD students, postdocs, early career assistant professors), working in the fields of creativity and/or innovation management or related areas.
All participants will receive a certificate of participation. PhD students who can use the seminar as part of their studies may apply for an additional certificate, issued by the Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden, which has registered the seminar as an official PhD course, stating that the seminar covers a workload of 3 ECTS.
Send your application by e-mail to Mrs. Jeannette-Visser-Groeneveld no later than November 15. The application should include your curriculum vitae, with details on your:
- Areas of research and teaching
- Five most important publications during the last five years
- Reviewing experience